CNC Media Investment Group Limited (hereinafter referred as “CNC”) respects your personal privacy and is committed to maintaining your trust and confidence. We believe ensuring the security of your personal information. Please take time to read this policy, and contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) ORDINANCE ("the Ordinance")
The policies and practices of CNC in relation to the collection, use, security and access of personal data of our customer are as follows:
Types of Personal Data Held
There is no obligation for our customers to provide their personal data to us. However, if the personal data requested by us is not provided, we may not be able to provide the services and/or products ("Services") required by our customers.
We hold details of our customers including the names, addresses, identity numbers, telephone numbers, data relating to calls and billing together with other data necessary for the provision of our Services.
We collect and hold the personal data of our customers to facilitate our business as a provider of Multimedia, directory and other related services and/or products.
The purposes for which personal data relating to our customers may be used are as follows:-
- the daily provision of our Services to our customers;
- conduct credit reference checks;
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities in relation to provisioning of our Services or requested by our customers;
- publication in telephone directory;
- enabling the daily operation of our customers' accounts and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in our customers' accounts in relation to our Services;
- conduct market research, customer, product and service surveys;
- processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with our Services;
- subject to the requirements of the Ordinance, direct marketing of products, services and other subjects (Please see the section titled “Notice on Direct Marketing” for details);
- handling of complaints and enquiries from our customers;
- enabling us to comply with our obligations to interconnect or other industry practices;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- provisioning of emergency services;
- provisioning of our Services by third parties;
- observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements including any disclosure or notification requirements, to which we are subject; and
- any other purposes ancillary and relating thereto.
We also utilize specific personal data to assist us in protecting our customers against unauthorized use of our Services.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data of our customers will be kept confidential but we may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) such data to:
any third party who provides services to us in connection with the operation of our business for the purposes mentioned above, subject to the provisions of the Ordinance.
Notice on Direct Marketing
CNC intends to use Customer's data in direct marketing and CNC requires the Customer's consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that: Personal data (including Customer’s telephone numbers, email address, correspondence address and services usage information) held by CNC from time to time may be used by CNC in direct marketing;
The following classes of products, services and subjects may be marketed:
- Telecommunications network products and services;
- Reward, loyalty or privileges programs;
- Latest offers from our business partners on various kinds of products or services including banking, education, entertainment, insurance, media & social networking, property, retail products and services (apparel, department store, electronics, food & beverages, health & beauty, hotel, household, jewelry, shopping centre), transportation and travelling; and
- Donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes.
If Customer does not wish CNC to use his data for use in direct marketing as described above, Customer may exercise his opt-out right by notifying CNC.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Under the Ordinance, our customers have the right to:
- ascertain whether we hold personal data relating to them;
- request a copy of that data; and
- request correction of any such data which is inaccurate.
Requests for access and correction of data should be in writing Email to our Email Address
Security of Personal Data
We restrict access to personal data to persons who have a need to use the data and who have been trained to handle such data properly and observe confidentiality.
Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data of customers for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes of collecting and using the data.
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
In case of inconsistency between the English and the Chinese versions of this policy, the English version shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.